Hosts Art Lewis and Sue Smith of WSGW-AM News radio 790 in Saginaw, MI, will interview Rosemarie and Linda about their book “Which Fork Do I Use?” on October 13, 2015, at 7:10 a.m. PDT on their popular radio show “Listen to the Mrs.” You can listen live on their website, www.wsgw.com. This radio show has aired continuously since 1952 and focuses on recipes and helpful hints…and perhaps they will talk about table settings and dining etiquette today.
Linda and Rosemarie’s next scheduled event is Monday, October 12 at 8:05 AM PDT on “The Idea Exchange” show on WBEV-AM radio in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Listen in and hear Linda and Rosemarie talk about their award-winning book, Which Fork Do I Use?
Linda Reed and Rosemarie Burns will be talking about their award-winning book, Which Fork Do I Use?, on the “Just Ask Joyce” Show on WFIA-AM in Louisville, Kentucky on Wednesday, October 7 at 9:00 AM EDT. If you are outside the Louisville area, you can listen on the internet by going to www.justaskjoyce.com and click on the Listen Now button. The shows are also available on podcast.
Rosemarie and Linda are being featured on the Mike Schikman show today, October 6, 2015, at 12:15 PDT on WSVA-AM in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Mike will be interviewing Rosemarie and Linda to discuss their award-winning book, Which Fork Do I Use? If you are in the Harrisonburg area, be sure to listen in on WSVA-AM!
Which Fork Do I Use?
2015 Independent Publishers Book Award
Silver Medalist Winner
National Home and Garden Category
About Independent Publisher’s IPPY Awards
Independent Publisher’s (IPPY) Awards, launched in 1996, are designed to bring increased recognition to the deserving but often unsung titles published by independent authors and publishers. Established as the first awards program open exclusively to independents, over 3,000 IPPYs have been awarded to authors and publishers around the world.
The 2015 IPPY medalists represent 45 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia, six Canadian provinces, and ten countries overseas: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom. (See the 2015 complete listing.)
In 2015 over 2,750 independent authors and publishers participated in the 19th annual Independent Publisher Book Awards contest.
Every book entered gets evaluated in each of these areas, and if they score well are assessed further and judged against the other top books in the category.
- First Impression – front, back and inside – would you pull it from the bookstore or library shelf?
- Design – Cover design, typeface, message, front and back – does the cover make you want to look inside? Interior layout, typeface, illustrations – is it easy to read; is it a pleasure to look at?
- Originality – is it a fresh approach? Has it been done too much?
- Use of language – Grammar style, voice – does it flow? Does it make you want to keep reading?
- Message delivery – is the message promised by the cover being delivered, and in a compelling way?
- Relevance – is the book pertinent to our time? Is this a message that should be heard?